As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, October 4, 2021

Two special Sundays


 Today we went off to Kirvoy Rog to see Adam and Curtis Nikkel and families, they both have new babies and the last time we visisted, we brought a pink blanket I had crocheted for Adam and Luba's daughter, who was born a week after our visit. Two weeks later, Curtis and Liza's son arrived a month early, so I crocheted a blue blanket to gift to them. The last month it's been ready to go, but we hadn't been able to get there. It's less than a two hour drive now, with the repaved highways.



We were there early, and met an American couple working with orphans in the city. Unfortunately, baby Dominica was home with a cold, so we didn't get to see her, but little Daniel was there. The church was celebrating their anniversary or birthday, so there was a potluck after the service. I enjoyed some tasty salads.



Last Sunday the church in the village celebrated Thanksgiving Sunday. There was a big harvest display and a meal afterwards. I made chocolate cake. There was a lot of food, and candy as you can see. I took Angelina outside for much of the service to play because she's a little noisy these days. She's an active chatty year and a half year old. Several of our students came to church that day, even some who don't normally attend.








No comments:

Post a Comment