As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, June 10, 2022

One week...


 

Garry's been on the ground in Poland for a week now, I have seven baby chicks now, and am suffering through the bad cold Garry had a couple weeks ago. Here's a summary from Garry about the work he's doing there.

I start at 6 each morning, going to the bake shop, picking up bread and then back again around 8 to get the bread that they brought back from their deliveries. I then bring the bread to the help center and put it in bags and onto the shelves. Afterwards I pick up fruits and vegetables from the grocery store. At 3 I open the store and along with some volunteers we sort the vegetables and fruit into bags. At 4 we open the door and give everyone meat, milk, cheese, canned meat and fish, noodles, oil, cereal, flour sugar, tea, and bread.  There are around 50-80 families that come each time and they can come once per week.

After 6 we close and I go shopping at a local store. We buy everything by the case and it takes several carts full. For example, yesterday I bought 144 liters of Milk, 100 packs of cheese and butter, 156 bags of corn flakes and 60 jars of jam. Hot dogs are the most difficult as we need 150 packs every week but they never have that many in stock so someone is always looking for them.

The Ukrainians are very grateful, it is mostly young moms with kids and grandmothers. I have only been separated for a week from Teresa but they have been missing their husbands for months already.

No comments:

Post a Comment