As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hot off the presses

It was 43 degrees C Sunday afternoon- or if you think like me 109.4 F- I admit I have a general awareness of the metric world but my mind still understands American-style better. It is still hot- really wish the Lada had air conditioning- unfortunate that the saleman said it could be installed later- one year later and still not an option. We did put one in our bedroom which with the door open during the day cools the living room down.
Garry is busy with the baler fixing guys today- they have been here since 8 am and it is 6 pm. They have made progress at luchtime but found more things to fix on it. There was thunder and clouds this afternoon, but the rain missed the village and went to Dnepropetroesk.
I have been putting up the garden- making salsa and freezing corn, as Thursday at noon I will be getting on a bus (with A/C) for a 8 hour drive to the airport in Kiev. Then 20 hours of airports- flying and I'll be in Winnipeg.
Maxim is off to church camp in Crimea this week- quiet round here. Garry has been working on getting some of the milkhouse set up done, including putting together some cabinets for it. We went to Zaporosia last night to pick up some plumbing supplies and the store was incredibly hot inside- new store but the AC must not work well.
Note- Thursday am cooled off last night- 20- although no rain. Baler fixing guys are supposed to be back to give it one more try today- I'm going to finish packing my bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment