As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, August 16, 2010

Post # 100- two different Sundays

I just noticed that this will be post #100 when I was logging in- wow it seems like I have been talking a lot in the last year, since most of the posts have been in the last 13 months! You may have noticed that Jonah and I were playing with the blog page last week and changed the background and some of the fonts. Let us know if you like the old plainer look or the clouds better!
Well this Sunday our little family of four were split up by half a world and half a day- Garry and Jonah went to church in Dnepro after breakfast at Mc Donald's (air conditioning) and sat in a very hot church- they had a translator for the sermon- one of the Nigerian medical students that attend Morningstar, a great guy who has become very proficient at Russian, he even leads praise and worship singing. Inspiration for those who are struggling to learn Russian! Then they went home and cooked frozen french fires with cheese and put some of the salsa I made before I flew to Canada on Friday.
Meanwhile the rest of the family were still sleeping here in Manitoba- but we woke up to about a cool wet morning- maybe 15 degrees C. Seth wore a long sleeved shirt, and the little girls had sweaters on. We all (daughter Jess and all her other brothers and Garry's parents visiting from Ontario) went to Piney to hear Matt (eldest son/ pastor/ new dad) preach from the book of Amos- follow the Lord and turn away from evil. After church we went over to Matt and Kari's for lunch (we brought most of it) for a another family dinner - - before Garry's parents headed off in their motor home to go to Yellowstone. They last went camping there when Garry was in high school(1973?) with a station wagon and six kids - one still in diapers, so it may be more relaxing this time! we had dinner all together at the farm the night before- when Xaris (almost 4) thanked me for the chocolate cake "Grandma thanks for coming from Ukraine to make cake"
I had an interesting time coming here- about 20 hours of flights/airports after leaving Kiev at 5:30 on Friday morning(the 13th - tickets were cheaper) but arrived in Winnipeg at 6 pm through the magic of time zones. The day before Garry put me on the to Kiev about 1 in the afternoon, you can really see the corn crops are turning brown with the lack of rain- some areas are worse than others- one place there was a firetruck and guys with shovels fighting a fire on the side of the road- many fields had a firebreak plowed around them to prevent crop loss from careless smoking. I also saw some greener corn go by in the back of a truck- chopped for silage, closer to Kiev. The bus stopped a couple times to let people off, twice at bus depots, a couple more times at villages closer to Kiev, twice for the car sick boy and his Mom to get off and once for the little girl who got to pee on the side of the road with her mother's help. It did have air conditioning as promised, so it was OK- I arrived at the airport about 8 pm and waited until 3:30 am to start going thorough the lineups for loading- no sleep but I did get a little on the planes. But no problems at customs anywhere and I arrived on schedule and got to see baby Keziah Friday night- she was at the farm with her sisters to welcome me home after Jess picked me up at the airport!

1 comment:

  1. I was told that the clouds made it hard to read so here's a plainer one!

    ReplyDelete