As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here and there


Garry tells me that there is just a dusting of snow in the village, unlike Manitoba where the snow remains piled up outside. That's good news for us- we may not have to take the overnight train to Dnepropetroesk when we fly back in 12 days- Garry may drive the Lada to Kiev to pick us up! When I talked to him before going to my dental cleaning this morning (a little sore now) he was excited to report that he and Victor had been to see Nikoli Nickolias (I may have that wrong- but his name is something like that) and he had agreed to sell Garry more hay, as he had hoped, so on Monday he can start hauling loads of hay back with the wagon. This is a recent photo from the farm (I borrowed it from Victor via the web)


This afternoon I attended the funeral of a dear neighbour here in St Labre, when we moved here he was always ready tell us about the history of the area, and what a remember most about George is he was always smiling. We bought the farm here in 1997 from his son, and it was nice to see many of the family we have met over the years.

The service was almost entirely in French at the Catholic church in La Broquerie, which is much larger than the little church in St Labre, and I realized that it reminded me of attending church in Ukraine- except I may know more a few more words in French than Russian- still not enough to understand - just words I recognize and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment