As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's a girl calf

When I talked to Garry late Saturday here- Sunday morning in Ukraine- he had good news- there was a heifer calf born on Saturday- bringing the numbers to two heifers and eight bull calves so far on our little farm. Its supposed to average out to slightly higher than 50% males statistically, so it's starting to come around- to 20%female now. Milk production is up to 385 liters a day, with about 22 cows milking and six more getting ready to calve in the next couple weeks. Garry tells me he has a new buyer to get some of this extra milk he's making, and he hopes to get over 400 liters a day since he got a delivery of Brewer's grain on Friday.
Unfortunately his car is not working- he thought that it was frozen but that's not it, although it is not getting fuel through the line. They are going to tow it to Dnepro on Monday. On Tuesday Garry is taking the train to Kiev to meet us and we will go back on the train Tuesday evening/night. It leaves about 3 hours after the boys and I land so hopefully we breeze through customs and leave Rome on time. We have 6 hours there the boys and I hoe to get out to see something of Rome. Right now I'm trying to make sure everything gets into a suitcase that's supposed to and they are not overweight!

No comments:

Post a Comment