As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, July 22, 2011

busy week everywhere


Week two of English Institute in Dnepro is over... I drove in everyday but two- Monday night the car and I stayed at Victor's after class, and on Thursday Garry and his helper Marina came along and bought the new milking machines and pulsators (they arrive next week)and got some stuffed animals for Garry's camp next week (VBS) and picked me up when I was done.

They had a slow day because they finished the straw (for a week or two) on Wednesday. I'll try to get a photo of the mow- I hear one side is very full. They hope to put some hay on the other side. The new alfalfa field was cut down on Wednesday and Thursday - right before the rain came. The forecast changed from nothing but sun to chance of thunder showers every day for a week! At 4 am Friday morning we had a big thunderstorm that put the power out and it's still out- (7 pm) the new generator is now working- Victor came out to get it hooked up. The bagging of piva travina (brewers' grain) for the winter had to be cancelled since was so muddy- they had finally gotten around to coming today- the trucks were on the way.

Today was Canada Day at Institute you should have seen all the red and white outfits- too bad I forgot the camera (I did buy gas as I drove in to the city- a first I pointed to the kind I wanted and handed him a 200 grivina bill- that's about half a tank now- and said da when he asked if I wanted 200.) I wore my new red cowboy hat with the silver maple leaf- check facebook for photos this weekend (and watch for us teachers singing four strong winds it may find its way to youtube!

Tonight I hope to finish my sample projects for the crafts for Garry's camp (VBS) and the photocopy sheets for the kids because he has a meeting about it in the morning....and who knows when the power will come back (stuff looks froze in the freezer with the generator on for a couple hours in the house- it will get shut off tonight at nine to power the barn for milking and then its off for the night (hoping its back in the morning!)

Now it's 8:30 pm and raining again!

No comments:

Post a Comment