As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Power again!

After a 5 minute on at 11 pm (by the time I woke up Garry to say the lights were on next door they were off) the power came on to stay at midnight- Maxim hooked us back to the line then, after turning off the generator.

Garry lit two of the candles Stacy made at 9:30 and went to bed (after returning from breeding a cow in another village- the people paid a guy 50 grivina to drive here and back with Garry so they could get the cow bred. He tells me it was storming like crazy as they drove---cars in the ditch even. At least the cow wasn't fifteen (years old) like the one earlier this week!

I stayed up to watch the candles and Max and his brother Andrei kept an eye on the generator while the ladies milked the cows for the last milking of the day. I worked on making the rest of the (VBS) craft samples by candlelight----it was a little tricky gluing on seeds and beans to make the rooster. I finished off some stuff after the lights came back on and took a shower (I had missed getting one while the house was on the generator earlier) before heading to bed around one am.

This morning I worked on the craft supplies. Marina helped clean house before the meeting about camp (VBS) and she went back to Zaporosia afterwards, she will do the games and sports with the kids but will come just for the days, with two other ladies.

This afternoon I got ready for some important visitors for dinner--- my fellow English teachers, they got a tour of the farm and saw the cows come home at 7 pm, along with corn on the cob, BBQ (shaslik) salads and cherry pie (I thawed some I made a few weeks ago) and I continued to prep crafts for Garry's camp.

Today we started the transition to machine milking-(again after the vaccuum pump got the new motor Garry was too busy with the straw to teach the ladies how, and he wanted the new bettter pulsators we have now for all four bucket milkers.) Garry went out to help hours ago for the evening milking- before the team left- it's 9:15 now and I am photocopying and working on this post (I forgot to take photos of the team's visit so ....we are ready for another even busier week with the camp here in the village while I am teaching English in Dnepropetroesk (after I pick up some scissors and markers for the crafts on Sunday after church.)

I did wish I was home in Manitoba a few times last week--- like on Wednesday for Josh's birthday - thanks for the photos and video of the birthday song on facebook-- and our little granddaughter Keziah's first birthday yesterday --- can't wait to see her walking and talking in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment