As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, September 22, 2011

Duckling escape!


This morning it was a lovely warm day and our guests decided to hang out some wash before they went touring with Victor. I heard the ducklings peeping, and walked over to the pen, two little balls of fluff were heading through the grass toward me. They keep slipping through the fence and heading for people- I think they are under the impression we are the mother instead of Momma Duck.





I went to put them back and called Garry to ask "where is Momma Duck? I have two in my hands and one is there in the pen, where is the rest and Momma?" It turned out these little guys had escaped from the coop at the back of the pen. The ladies had shut them inside the night before, and must have not let them out and the three escapees found a spot to slip under the door. Garry let Momma and the rest of the babies out, and I got them a bowl of water to drink...or swim in, as the case may be.




Later in the afternoon, I ended up putting a number of boards and bricks around the bottom of the fence to cut back on escapes as I caught one little yellow fellow several times! Mint is loose tonight so hopefully the little guys stay inside the coop until they are let out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment