As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, November 4, 2011

Lots of things are getting caught...

Remember Garry's cold? Turns out it takes two weeks to catch it, because now I am all achey and sore and starting to cough! Garry is still coughing on occasion, but he's feeling fine since last week, so he's been busy getting things done.

So Wednesday we were off to team meeting in Dnepro, and had a great time, since we had not been all together for two months. I had made some sandwiches and a pot of soup, so Maxim could take lunch out to the field, because it was our last day for herding the cows. Apparently for the second day in a row one of the guys we hired to herd did not show up for work, so there was just one guy chasing the cows. When Max went out to the field he discovered the cows had somehow split into two groups and he had to help the man round them up into one group again.

So Thursday Maxim told Garry a story before paying the guys, the one guy got all his pay because he was there herding the cows everyday. The other guy who called in sick, Max wasn't paying for two days, and he was docking him two days wages, for why he did't show. It turns out he had been arrested by the police- I think near the bar- for stealing a bicycle and selling marijuana.



This morning I found out the culprit in the destruction of my rosebushes- two weeks ago I walked outside and came in complaining to Garry that some idiot had pulled all the leaves off the bottom of my big rosebush. I have photos of the offenders, they were back at it this morning when Garry was moving the hose to fill the water cistern. Our duck flock has decided to range further from the barn, and were hard at work trying to get more of the leaves off the bush! They weren't even eating them, just yanking them off and dropping them under the bush like last time, they prefer weeds for eating. The ducks squawked loudly and scurried away when I took their photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment