As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, November 7, 2011

Phonecalls and other thoughts about my children

Wow, I just got off the phone with my son Matthew and granddaughter Havilah. Matt called after Garry had gone to bed- he's planning to get up early and find the Philadelphia Eagles game on the internet. Havilah, who's three, had lots to say, including the fact that her big sister is at school today. It is so nice to talk to them.

I talked to Jonah and Jessica on Saturday evening (they called too- bonus week) Jonah had gotten his mid-term report card, and seems like he's adjusting well to real school - his grades go from 82 in Physics to 91 in Chemistry, I think they said. Jessy is busy as she has report cards to prepare soon for her grade 8 students.

Joshua - sorry Josh (only me, his mother ever calls him that) had called earlier in the week, and I even got to talk since Garry had left his phone inside on the charger. I checked out how Seth is doing, apparently they have him working everyday after school (less time for video games, Josh says) and he has a 93 in shop class, and is doing OK in everything else. then Garry came inside and they talked farming and basketball.

The kids have trouble figuring out what to get us for Christmas- it has to fit in our suitcase and be usable in Ukraine (where the power is not 110) so here are a few pointers:

Right now we are sleeping on Yoda- Star Wars sheets. I know this is strangely appropriate for a couple who did see the first Star Wars movie on their first date, but flannel might be nice, deep sides, full size. Yes, we have gone from the king size one that we have slept on since arriving to sleeping on the full size set we bought as a guest bed this summer from American missionaries who were going home. It was like brand new, a Sealy mattress, imported from the USA, and both our backs are feeling better in the last couple months since the switch. They had brought it for their son, who was still in a toddler bed, and the Jedi sheets came with it.

Apparently Garry needs new boots- after putting a hole in his today, and his sock, for that matter (see earlier post) Luckily not his foot. He can always use more of those king size socks, and black basketball shoes- there are no size 14 or even 13 for sale here. When we go bowling, he always gets one of the two pair his size.

A complete set of crochet hooks- I am limited by the three I have when selecting projects for the girls- right now I have switched to things for other people because I have made them so many things for Christmas.

Sorry guys I'm out of ideas for now. Good night- if I can sleep with my stuffy nose, smoke slipping in the cracks of the house from all of today's leaf burning piles, and the dogs barking...


can't wait for December 2nd when we get on that plane to Winnipeg- although there's a lot to do yet- pack up the boys' clothes, and all the crocheting projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment