As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am here..

Still recovering from my trip home, since I had trouble sleeping on the overnight flight from Toronto to Vienna, even though I had an empty window seat next to me. It was bumpy with the seatbelt light on most of the way, and I have trouble sleeping in a car. For me, it is too much like trying to sleep in the car when there is turbulence on a plane. Garry thinks I have control issues and think that being awake means I can fix any problems that occur, however I think sleeping in the car makes me dizzy most of the time.

Anyway I ended up taking a nap when we got back to the house after Garry picked me up at the airport, it was nice being almost here when I landed, though, instead of having to get home from Kiev. There was no snow, but the tree branches were all white with hoarfrost, contrasting with the dark trunks. Sorry, no photos since the new camera was buried in the back seat in my carry-on.




That was Tuesday, Wednesday Polo came into the house for the afternoon and jumped all over me before settling down for a nap. I had already been welcomed home by Needles (who's back in the house when he wants, like this evening) and Box, and got to meet her three kittens. The black one is the climber- he can get up on the chairs, I have started calling him Black Box, but we'll see. The other two are striped, but one has a little brown spot in the middle of it's forehead. Black Box has just climbed up my pantleg to my lap and is trying to get on the laptop now. Now he sees that Box is nursing the other two kittens so he is climbing back down.

Garry has been doing jigsaw puzzles since he got back, with the occasional help from Maxim and his brother Andrei, who is back helping Max work on his house. He has glued a big water Greek seaside scene to a piece of cardboard and is working on the really hard one I gave him for Christmas last year- a 1000 piece Canadian flag made up hundreds of tiny photos.



I have only been able to put a couple pieces in, tonight I went back to crocheting, after finding a new hook. Security in Vienna insisted on taking my metal crochet hook out of my carry-on, so I am missing the 5.5 mm of the set Garry gave me for Christmas! Lucky I had a plastic one the same size with the others in my checked luggage. They told me they could mail it for 17 euros, so I hoped I had another one.

Box jumped on my lap when I got the crocheting out and insisted on having her head rubbed like in the old days before she had kittens. This morning- Thursday- there was a nice white coating of snow, although it is much warmer here than Manitoba! I hear that the big freeze hit when I left. Tonight I sort of have the house to myself, since Garry has run off to Dnepro to play basketball. I will try to get some photos out in the barn tomorrow. So in a week or so it should feel like bedtime at the right time for me. The eight hour time difference takes me a while to adjust to.

No comments:

Post a Comment