As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, January 16, 2012

On my way


I am sitting in the airport in Toronto, waiting about 2 1/2 hours for my connection to Vienna, where I will connect right to Dnepro. I have been so busy this week finishing projects and saying goodbye that I have not done a single blogpost! Since Garry left two weeks ago I got to celebrate Noah's birthday, and babysit or play with my granddaughters more than a few times- one day we made puppets, as you can see in the photo. Yesterday I drove out to Morden to say goodbye to our daughter Jessica and Jonah, who is living with her while attending high school.

This morning I got to say goodbye to Josh and Noah about 5:30 am before milking time, and a hug and promise to email from Seth, who was getting ready for the school bus when Micah drove me to the airport. We got to Winnipeg in plenty of time, although there was a lot more traffic than when I drove in with Garry on January second, since it was a holiday Monday.I paid for my extra checked bag and the nice agent didn't care that it was just a little bit heavy- I must have stuffed in too much stuff after it weighed in on Thursday at the vet clinic eight pounds light! I always seem to leave that Russian history book I want to read behind, maybe next time!

Garry has had a busy week, when I talked to him one day he had taken the new highway - the one they were building an overpass for all year on our highway between Dnepro and Zaporosia. The road crews started in March and they were still finishing it when we left on December 2nd, the last couple weeks they worked almost round the clock to try to make a deadline. Garry says the new shortcut cut his trip to refill the liquid nitrogen in the semen tank to about the time it takes to drive to downtown Dnepro, instead of a half day to go there and back. This way we avoid driving through Dnepropetroesk and it gets to the other highway really close to the old bull stud where Garry buys the Liquid nitrogen- I had a post in September about when we drove there, that shows the lady pouring it into the tank with a steel pail.

On Sunday he told me he had to sweep the entryway of the house, because people kept coming to the door to wish him a prosperous new year by throwing in wheat, and there was grain all over. On the evening before he had little girls coming to the door dressed up and then reciting a rhyme, and he would give them money, because he had no treats to give out. In case you are wondering - it was old new years from the Julian calendar, celebrated in the Orthodox church. The holidays never seem end in Ukraine, it is about two weeks of celebration, things will be getting back to normal when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment