As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Regular days

Our B and B guests headed off Saturday evening on the train for a Crimean adventure, I hope they are having a good time. They were great guests, one of the ladies, Pi, was always washing my dishes! We had one veggie pizza on Friday night for her as she was a vegetarian. Andrei reached for a slice when it came out of the oven, but avoided it after I told him it had no meat on it. The look on his face was priceless. I made a pile of pizza, (6 or 7) they really enjoyed it. They even had it warmed up for lunch Saturday before Victor picked them up to go for the overnight train in the late afternoon. It was the only day they were not out touring Mennonite sites with one of the two Victors. Our Victor- Victor Dantsev or the other Victor, Victor Penner, another Ukrainian who does Mennonite tours.

Now the sheets are washed and waiting for our next visitors, we have friends coming to stay later in the week. My toe is feeling better after the plow incident, I don't limp anymore, I may even put on shoes soon, I have moved up to flipflops as of Sunday.


 We seem to be really busy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the days we teach at the trade school. Yesterday we had  another television crew out to see the trade school, they even taped my English class, I'll let you know if I make the cut in one of the two channels, and if you can see it on the internet like the last one.


 Then last night we had our Book club meeting in Dnepro, where we are reading and discussing Mere Christianity by CS Lewis- if you have never read it, please do. Last week it took us 30 minutes to get from McDonalds to the meeting, this week only 5, because of this fender bender. The car you see behind the stop sign was sitting in the center of the lane, so you could only get by him on the right in the other traffic lane, making for very slow going!

On our way home, Garry got pulled over at the police checkpoint on the highway, because one of the four headlights was not working...as we drove I had noticed a large number of one-eyed cars and trucks, so that policeman must have been really busy. Garry argued that it was light when he left home, so how was he to know it was not working? The policeman said next time he would write him a ticket. The funny thing is, Garry hit a bump a couple miles up the road and it came back on, so he should have just gave the car a kick, it must be a loose wire.

I have a funny story from Garry about his last television news appearance. On Monday he was driving to Dnepropetroesk when one of the policemen at the checkpoint waved him over to stop. He had seen the news story and wanted to ask if it was really him on the TV, then he called over all the other policemen to meet Garry, "the Canadian who is teaching children from the Zaporosia region about farming." I am married to a famous man now.

No comments:

Post a Comment