As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It's spring!

According to Ukrainian tradition March first is the beginning of spring! On Monday Maria (Masha) brought gifts for us and all the students, bags with candy and a big apple in to celebrate the beginning of spring.

Unfortunately the weather is not cooperating today (Wednesday), because it has been snowing most of the day and it is a slippery slushy, muddy snowy mess outside. In fact, Jonah's cat Needles, changed his mind about going outside when I opened the door he was sitting in front of, waiting to go out! This morning I Slipped on the slushy snow and fell, getting myself rather wet on the way to teaching English (I am now doing 1/2 hour class this week, I can't seem to make it through the normal 45 minutes, but I am feeling much better now. My throat wasn't sore from talking after class today and I am still resting in the afternoons.

It looks like it is melting on the roads, even though the flakes are fatter now than earlier. Garry wan't be home until eight thirty or nine pm, he went with Masha to interview possible students for next year at a foster home near Dnepropetjisk, and then he has his bi-weekly class in that city at 6:30, and I am thinking the drive home may take a little longer than normal.
Three in the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment