As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I'm up

It's almost midnight and I'm awake because Valentina is up changing the baby's diaper. She has a good set of lungs. Valentina seems to have cleaning up poopy pants well in hand, so I figured I'd write a quick post. They came home from the hospital late this afternoon, Max had to go get her since he had brought her there, according to regulations. Baby's papa Andrey came out from Dnepro for the occasion, he carried her in from the car, and then Garry got to hold her.

A parade of visiting students came- almost all the girls and a couple guys. They smelled Valentina's welcome home pizza and we gave out small slices in the end. Alonya brought her baby bath tub, she'd already cleaned up a stroller she had and sorted through her baby clothes for gender appropriate ones for Angelina.

Today I did some hoeing in our garden and the Crawfords. Found we had more frost damage than I thought when I looked yesterday. It frosted Saturday night, Garry had checked the cornfield Sunday  and didn't see too much damage he said. However. we had some frosted leaves on tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers and a little on the sweet corn. May have lost a couple tomatoes, peppers and definitely a few cucumbers that had just come up last week, but still lots left. The Crawford's three tomatoes were fine. It has never even been close to frosting this late in May ( or just in May) in eleven years we've been here. The village has been talking about the cool, late spring this year for a while.

Well baby is fed and quiet now so I'm off to bed. As expected, Garry slept though the crying on the opposite side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment