As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, May 3, 2020

Posts and paint

Another bunch of pretty tulips blooming at the Crawfords
Yesterday I never did get around to painting the gate, by afternoon the migraine I woke up with was back, even after I took more liquid Advil (the migraine miracle drug). I haven't had one in months, it must be stress, I guess!

Tomorrow is our son Matthew's birthday, baby Adeline will be one this week and at the end of the week Luke will be 29. I normally leave wrapped birthday presents for the birthdays we are in Ukraine for, but we were supposed to be home last month, so I didn't do the ones for May... or June, July or August. Who knows when we'll be home. 

Anyway, Garry said that one of the girls would be looking for extra cash today on payday, so he'd hire one. It turned into two girls, Vika and Alona painted the gate I prepped on Thursday with blue enamel paint. Little Danil sat in his stroller and watched.


Afterward, Garry had to get some gas to wash their hands, Alona looked a bit like Smurfette. 











Yesterday the hole drilling went well, they got all of the holes for the posts dug, maybe not quite to the metre and a half (5 1/2 feet) depth Garry was going for, but close enough. This morning they were painting the bottom of the posts with tar and put up enough posts for one end of the drive shed and got them all braced them by lunchtime. They left it for the day and will continue building next week.




I don't know whose cow was tied out there behind where they are building. The good news is there were no injuries to report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment