As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Busy day

Hey, I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I may as well write a post! I was sleeping when I woke up- or not- and saw a giant spider descending toward Garry's head. I jumped up, turned on the lights, and saw... nothing, so maybe it wasn't there, but I can't get back to sleep...

We really did have a busy day. Garry fed the cows this morning, they unloaded those five wagons of hay baled on Saturday, and then got to work finishing framing up the hay shed because they have ordered a crane for tomorrow to put those trusses up. They already finished getting the drive shed ready last week.

I was pretty busy, cooking, and prepping. First I made my second salad for tonight's student dinner (I made the other Sunday evening. Then I made lunch for the three of us. After lunch I fed Bear, ran the dishwasher, and started peeling apricots for jam. I finished off processing the last jars as the students were arriving at five pm. Nine jars of jam, and I was covered in apricot juice, as I finally got the hotdogs out of their individual plastic coats for the hotdog roast at the firepit. Less mess outside that way.


Garry was late getting back, they didn't finish by five, so I got the two Sashas to get the fire going in the firepit over at the Crawfords. The virgin (no alcohol) mojito drinks were a big hit (it was hot today). I had to refill the container, but I planned on that.  Everyone had fun playing games - cornhole and Ukrainian volleyball (stand in a circle and hit the ball around) while little Danil had fun with the less air-filled ball with dad. Baby Matthew got passed around, while baby Angelina was going to sleep in her carriage.




Garry prayed and then the hotdogs were roasted (most of them, Ukrainians will eat them cold). Cheese sauce was the most popular topping, relish was more popular than last time, and some tried mango ketchup (I didn't so I can't say if you should buy some!



Then I cleaned up, loaded the dishwasher again (we use plastic plates that need washing), fed Bear again (some plates needed scraping) and then we had a skype call with Daryl and Molly before falling into bed. .. actually Garry went outside for an hour to check the water he'd started on the gardens, the irrigation water had been turned off for repairs for the last five days. 

Tomorrow should be quite busy, the crane is coming to put up trusses, the new guys were supposed to arrive tonight (they were not here by suppertime). The two girls moved back here around two this afternoon. They are getting their own rooms this time, at least until the other two prospective students arrive for a week long tryout, because one is female. Garry and I have hotel reservations tomorrow to celbrate our anniversary for a couple nights away. I think we won't be checking in early.

Remember how they were moving nine calves here last week? First they moved eleven, then a couple more. We had a lot of heifer calves two months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment