As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year

My mother always told me that whatever you do the first day of the year, you will do the rest of the year, so I can hope to be unloading the dishwasher every morning! That's a bit of a joke as we are planning to fly back to Ukraine on January 11th, and we don't have a dishwasher in the new house. It would be handy when we have all the students for dinner to wash up the plates and cups, though.


Here in Manitoba it has been a quiet holiday season with all gatherings banned due to the pandemic. No visiting friends and supporters, no in person church to attend. Garry was sleeping by the time the new year was rung in, and Max Boradin insisted it already had happened back in Ukraine. He did eat the pizza I made for dinner. Max has decided since he made it back to Canada two months ago to work on getting a permanent resident card. 

Back in Ukraine the students planned and created a celebration for Novi Goad (new years) and sent me some photos. Looks like Valentina may have stayed home with the baby, it took place in the classroom.






They planned the evening, bought supplies and prepared the food and looks like they had a good time. Earlier in the day Victor handed out the bags I had left for each student. This year while we were on vacation in Egypt I crocheted hats for most of the boys (a couple got Canada hats). For the girls, I made either mittens, ponytail hats or cowls. Plus the usual toiletry supplies and candy. The little guys and baby Angelina got toys and goodies too.








No comments:

Post a Comment