As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, February 4, 2021

Gathering?




 We weren't able to find N95 masks so I decided to try double masking for visiting Lena's class on Sunday. She also asked the students to wear masks and some of the time they had them on properly. 



Monday I was busy cooking for our student dinner that evening. Garry had driven a small group of students into Zaporosia to shop at Ashawn on Saturday night, since we could shop at Metro Sunday. He came home with one of the items on my list for Monday's dinner that was on sale, hamburger rolls. Giant hamburger rolls, so I had to make 20 huge hamburger patties. We also had baked beans- pinto beans since they were the only dry beans I could find at Metro- in the crockpot and a huge pot of baked macoroni and cheese. 



 I was still frying up hamburgers when the students started arriving, I counted heads and stopped with two left to cook, but Kolya and Oksana arrived late, so I cooked the last hamburgers for them as some were starting on dessert. I had made ambrosia salad and put it in little bowls but they all thought it was dessert, so I only handed out one chocolate chip cookie each. Garry's been feasting on chocolate crinkles and chocolate chip cookies all week, and they enjoyed some for Tuesday staff meeting.



Garry always helps wash the dishes after everyone leaves. Monday night his devotion was about priorities. 



I will confess I am still not sleeping that well, and it's nearly four weeks since we left Canada. Yesterday morning I was awake for a couple hours before getting up at 4:30 and making bagels and bread. This morning after the best night of sleep for a month we had bagel BLT (and egg) for breakfast. The hens have started laying again. We were going to get the lights on in the coop, but I guess the days are long enough now anyway.


Garry started a new 1000 piece puzzle yesterday, so he has something to do when he's not at the barn. He has been busy preg checking cows this week. Right now he is off to an English class of Tanya's. I was going to go but had a migraine this afternoon so I stayed home. Right now I am listening to the rain pouring down as I type, hopefully it stays rain until he gets home. Sunday night we had some freezing rain, and it's supposed to be getting back below freezing for the weekend. 



Former student Vlad was in earlier today with bags of candy and cookies he was handing out in memory of Valera, his brother, it's customary a month (and also a year) after the funeral. Vlad is in the process of getting a job working in the greenhouse on the way to Dnepro, they have a bus that picks up workers in the village. 



Still raining pretty hard out, I guess I will figure out what we'll be making tomorrow morning for cooking class. Today Larissa was here to teach at the classroom and had them writing about who they are. Here's Leila.



No comments:

Post a Comment