As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, February 13, 2021

Maybe

 That's what I told Vika at one thirty when she came in to ask if we'd go to Ashawn this evening. Garry told the students we might go tonight since it was stormy yesterday, but in spite of the 20% chance of snow in the forecast, it's been snowing and blowing much of the day.

We'll find out when Garry returns from Dnepro (remember I said he was going back to teaching English) since he left this morning shortly after nine and I don't expect him back until after four, and we usually leave for shopping around five. That was why we were planning to go yesterday, he's kind of tired after teaching and driving.

I'm thinking the highway won't be great with the wind gusts out there, it's really cold (not Canadian prairies cold, but minus 17 is cold here) and we won't go. Hopefully I can get what I need for Monday's student dinner in the village or the freezer, I'm planning Chinese for Lunar New Year.



I have crossed almost everything off my to do list, potted up seedlings, did a load of laundry and put away what what I hung on the drying rack two days ago, fed Bear a nice hot dinner (one of the girls had filled his dish with dry food today, but he likes some people food too) and gave the chickens some water and grain and collected one egg. I just put away a batch of cookies - with pink icing that I baked for Monday's dinner. I haven't finished crocheting my Bernie mitt I started last night, maybe I will finish if we stay home tonight. 



Garry was hurrying when he left this morning, he'd already been over to the barn, bred a couple cows there and gone to Morosnika (neighboring village) to breed a cow. The lady phoned last night to say she needed her cow bred at ten o'clock, according to the vet, who'd given her a needle to bring her in heat. Since Garry needed to be in Dnepro at 10:40, he told her it would be eight when he came. She wasn't sure it would work, but when he got to the village at eight, he was just reaching for his phone to call and get the house number when he saw a lady waving him down. 

He came home and jumped in the shower to clean up for teaching, when Max came in, someone in Nikolipolia needed their cow bred this morning, so Garry put his barn clothes back on and was off to the far end of the village before coming home and cleaning up again to go to the city. At the time the sun was shining a bit, but it didn't last.



No comments:

Post a Comment