As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, July 1, 2021

and then it rained




 Sunday evening a thunderstorm rolled over the village with half an inch of rain. Another inch fell overnight, giving the alfalfa a good start on growing third cut hay. Of course, Garry was wanting to get the irrigation system going to get some urea fertilizer on the corn. Monday and Tuesday they finished getting the big field ready, although they were worried that they wouldn't get enough water pressure because there was a big leak in the pipe before the neighbors field. However they were able to get started and they had a ton on the field by five o'clock Wednesday. Garry tells me he walked the first layflat hose line and there were a number of driplines that had to be reattached. With the fields already wet from rain, he had a lot of mud stuck to sandals by the time he got done. 

The guys got half the smaller field connected to the layflat, Garry's hoping to get fertilizer on both fields quickly, because there is  rain in the forecast again, with a lot of rain predicted for Sunday and Monday. Luckily they missed the storms Tuesday that hit Dnepro and Zaporosia with hail.


Garry has a load of concrete coming Friday morning, so he was going to the barn early on Canada day to get more of the driveway between the dairy barn and the "old" heifer ready to pour. What a way to celebrate our wedding anniversary, this is the first year we've been apart in 43. 

If you're thinking I should be there by now, that was the original plan. I changed my flight last week to the fourth of July so I could get my second covid immunization. Which I got today, feeling a little feverish twelve hours later, but it's nothing like having the real thing!

I've also been able to spend more time with the kids and grandkids, including camping and hiking over the weekend. When I was out of breath on an uphill climb, I thought six weeks ago I was out of breath walking slowly around an airport, so I guess I am getting better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment