As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, July 8, 2021

Together again

 



After hours of flying and showing my documents to land in Ukraine at every airport, Garry picked me up in Kyiv Monday afternoon. I was hungry so we stopped at Mc Donalds before getting on the highway. 

Interesting story once I got to Kyiv, I used my vaccine certificate to enter the country, after the Air Canada lady said my record of vaccination wouldn't work becase I wasn't two weeks after my second shot yet. I knew that, but I still needed to fly sooner, because my Ukrainian resident card was expiring on July seventh. I had gotten a test as backup, so I had used that in all three airports because they had to check documents before boarding every time.

The drive back went well, we are still taking an alternative route to and from Borispol airport because that bridge that was out when I left is still under construction. Garry made good time with a decent four lane highway for a good part of the trip. We made it across the not as good roads without any tire trouble. Ukraine is looking green with all the rain so far this year. The road was wet when we got to the village, but we didn't have to drive through a lot of rain, just the occasional shower.



The day after we went into Dnepro so Victor could help us with getting my documents redone for the year. We went out for lunch, pizza and salad, to celebrate our anniversary earlier this month.  I actually slept well the first two nights, not as good Wednesday even after grocery shopping and  canning ten jars of pickles and ten of jam, six chocolate cherry and four chocolate raspberry, trying out some new recipes.   Now it's four am Thursday morning and it's getting light out, the roosters are crowing in the village.                                                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment