As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, July 8, 2021

Highlight photos

 


I guess I could have included more photos in that last post, so here they are! First photos taken while driving home...








Then Garry looking at his sunflower field (the earlier planted fields are just starting to flower) and ones of flowers in the yard. Scott; those pink ones are what they sold you as bleeding hearts. They are pretty though. The zinnias were planted from seed saved from last year just before I left, about two months ago.






Then pictures I took of Garry breeding two cows in Shyroke on the way home from Dnepro Tuesday, after we went and bought more semen, I forgot to mention that. There was only one straw left after Max bred four cows while he was gone to pick me up.





You can see there's two different ways to get Garry to breed your cow in the field. Where she is or bring her home. Garry has bred a number of cows at new places in this village this year because there isn't a 
 bull in town this summer.  The lady above said he bred her cow three years ago. 
The guy below led his cow home while his wife talked with Garry about using Holstein or Jersey semen for her cow. Big or small calf is the question, we have options. They also said they'd have another cow to breed soon, and sure enough, they phoned the next day.



We drove back to Nikolipolia through the fields. On Wednesday we went for lunch at a cafe in the town along the highway between us and Shyroke on the return trip, since it was raining we didn't go through the field roads, which makes the drive much quicker (unless you get stuck. Garry had borscht and vereniki (pierogies)  for lunch while I had a lovely ceaser salad with turkey.


Its hard to find a bad sunflower field with all the rain this year. You can see the car's at a bit of an angle to stay out of the ruts.

Tuesday's salad and Wednesday's. Trying to follow a better diet.




Wednesday was a VIP's birthday, luckily the party was on Saturday before I left for Ukraine. I have been crocheting dinosaurs again! Missing these people and their barn kittens  and counting tires since I left.








No comments:

Post a Comment