As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, May 14, 2012

Almost ready

It's Mother's day and I am not really ready to catch a plane back to Ukraine Monday morning, but that's what the ticket says. Jessica drove over yesterday with Jonah and James to join everyone for dinner, but all too soon Matt and Kari and the girls headed home to bed- having to take a detour because of a nearby forest fire.

This morning after breakfast we got into three different cars to go to Matt's church, the first and third car to leave had no trouble getting on the shortcut road to Piney, but Noah, Micah, Luke and I got sent the long way, because the water bombers were out again this morning. After church we went across the border to Roseau Minnesota to the Pizza Ranch buffet, AND MY MEAL WAS FREE! Afterwards we saw as we drove north that the smoke was billowing again, with a warm high wind blowing, the two cars going back to St Labre had to go the long way through Woodridge, while Jessica's car headed back to Morden. Someone will drive me to the airport early in the morning, unless all the roads are closed and I have to stay. There seems to be another fire on the other side of us now.

The smoke as seen behind Josh's house yesterday afternoon
Garry has been very busy with cement work for the barn remodeling project for the last week, although he took Wednesday's holiday to see a Cossack horse show with his brother John, who came to visit, and they drove to Kharkov yesterday. He promises to be at the airport in Kiev when I arrive Tuesday afternoon.




Noah was out to the barns around 11:30 pm and told me to come see the fire in the dark, it is close enough to light up the sky. He tried using the new camera in the heifer field to get a photo. Makes you glad we are surrounded by fields that are getting planted! When I went to sleep at 2 am the sky wasn't orange anymore, good thing the wind died down. I was up before 5 am so Micah could drive me to the airport and made it back to Ukraine with no delayed flights, since I was at every airport for  hours or longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment