As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, May 24, 2012

birds

Ravens February 2012
Since I got my new camera for Christmas (excuse me, our new camera, the boys gave it to both of us) I have been able to zoom in on birds. Here are some of my Ukrainian bird photos, I am trying really hard to get a good photo of the one Victor calls a cuckoo with a neat crested head, but I was too far away on Sunday, when we went to the cornfield and its head was turned the wrong way to see the head, as you'll see at the bottom of the page....




Last year there were a couple storks hanging around the village late in the summer, but none so far this year. They are much-loved here in Ukraine, you see the nests on chimneys and on top of cement telephone poles. We found this one somewhere between here and Kiev...

Stork





I was excited to see my all time favorite bird, the swallow here in Ukraine. The first two barns we had in New Jersey and New York had swallows with babies in the nests in the middle of the alleyway, they would swoop in and out while we were milking, and Garry would lift the kids up to look at the little ones yelling their heads off in the nest while the parents were out for food.










Swallows




 I love to watch the swallows swoop and dart around, they are building nests under the eaves on both sides of the house over the windows. The ones here have white bellies instead of tan like the ones in Manitoba.










This mourning dove was sitting in the top of a
tree next door yesterday,Who- cooing in the
 plus 30 C heat. I don't think it was there today
when the tree went down in the wind!











We found this poster at one of the booths for Europe days
 Pa-teat-sa is birds in Russian



 Other everyday birds like you see everywhere ....



in the park

in the village




This cute little fellow was sitting on a weed when I walked back from the barn where they were pouring cement last week.









the red roof is our house
These pictures where taken from the same place, looking down toward the ponds between our street and the barns....


wildlife to the right side of the bridge
  













domestic fowl to the left




This quartet of geese waddled down the cobbled street to take a swim





Took these photos while we were going to look at the cornfields, between the woods, and fields and the other ponds
 (there are a number of ponds around the village)
These birds look like sparrows with crests

still trying for a good photo, too far away
and he was turned the wrong way .....

No comments:

Post a Comment