As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Thanksgiving

Garry told me he went to church in the village on Sunday because it was the Thanksgiving service there, we often go, it is the one Sunday when the little church is very full - you may remember that our trade school had classes there last year. (This year with Garry, his translator Masha and two students for year two, I think they are meeting at our house!)

We went to last year's celebration, they decorate the place up nicely with garden bounty, and prepare a dinner for after the church service, you can check out last year's photos if you want. In fact, I think we have gone to it almost every year, in 2009, it was where we met John and Ev Wiens for the first time.

Garry sitting next to Max Boradim 

You would think that Garry enjoyed a big meal Sunday afternoon, but he told me just as they were sitting down to eat he got a phone call and had to hurry to Dnepropetroesk. He had forgotten he had promised to speak to Lena"s English students at 2 pm (we did it almost every month last year on Sunday afternoons, since we are already in the city on Sundays.)

He made it there on time, Lena had called him after church when he wasn't at Morningstar for church. I guess he may need me to keep all his appointments straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment