As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, May 16, 2021

Finished and starting

 The crops are planted, the hay was mowed down Friday and is ready to start baling. Garry is going to miss out on baling as he will be driving me to Kyiv today to get on my plane to Germany and then to Canada tomorrow morning. 



Yesterday he drove me into Dnepro to get a next day covid test. They don't guarantee it will be done until 5 pm today, so it better arrive in the email while we are driving! I need it for Germany, although I should be able to skip the three day hotel stay and testing in Canada due to showing the paperwork for my recently resolved Covid infection. He got home in time for the second truck of concrete for the heifer barn. Garry's pretty much back to normal after a month out of hospital. I wish I was, but definitely getting better. 


The tulips won't be blooming when I return at the end of June, nor will the canola. The fields were bright yellow as we drive back on the highway yesterday.

Friday morning we made biscuits for my last cooking class or at least until July, when we will make jam, anyway. They decided they were easy to make, and enjoyed eating them hot from the oven with butter and jam. 


Garry had an adventure when he dumped the liquid nitrogen out of his tank to recover the straws of semen that had fallen out into the bottom. The stuff we bought last week had tipped out of the bag, and he had three cows to breed in our barn and people phoning to get cows bred. Vlad was his helper, you have to be very careful as it can freeze you, too! 


Luckily they were successful and he could get the cows bred. About forty straws (not all the new bull either), were saved. They dumped out the nitrogen in a bucket, then shook the straws into a pan and Garry picked them up with tweezers and put them back in a bag, as quickly as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment