As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Here and there again

 Monday morning Garry dropped me at the airport with a kiss for luck and headed back to the village, by a route that would miss the bridge that is being rebuilt, in the rain. He got home by noon, it was dry there. He found out that they were just starting to bale the hay Sunday when they had a rain shower and then it was too wet to bale. However, Max was chopping the heavier stuuf (the part planted two years ago) when Garry got back and they were hoping to bale the lighter stuff (planted four years ago) if it was dry enough later that afternoon, since the forecast was wet a cloudy for the rest of the week.




 It all worked out and there is a pile of hay bales under the straw shed (which was straighten up and braced recently). They loaded and unloaded eight wagons plus the wagons of  haylage monday. They did three more wagons as haylage on Tuesday morning because it wasn't going to dry before the rain came, as they had hoped when it got too wet to finish Monday evening. They got eight tenths of an inch of rain Tuesday afternoon as thunderstorms rolled through, so no concrete pouring today for the heifer barn (curbs and walls were being framed up yesterday, for the next step in building.

Garry was hopping with his eggs hatching on Tuesday and Wednesday, so he had new chicks to take care of. He said Alona brought him some pancakes to eat Monday night, so he didn't have to make anything or look in the freezer for the stuff I made him. 



My flights went okay, although I probably should have asked to ride the mobility cart instead of walking through the airports, especially in Frankfurt, where I got pretty whipped walking to my gate, out of breath and red faced. However, it all worked out and I did get to skip the hotel quarentine in Toronto because of my recent resolved case of covid (I had a copy in English from my positive test on April first to show them) and after walking between the Air Canada and Luftansa counters a few times in departures, I had a ticket for the flight that landed in Winnipeg at ten pm. It was a relief to land as the sun was setting and head to the farm hexplex apartment to isolate for 14 days ( I still have to do that). Lots of time to finish recovering, and I've booked my Covid shot when I get out of isolation and get to see the grandbaby arriving today.



No comments:

Post a Comment