As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, May 20, 2021

Good morning

 Took me a while to get Garry online yesterday after our new grandson arrived in the morning. Noah and Audrey have named him Dustin Ronald (Ronald after my father). He weighed in at nine pounds one oz. and has adorable chubby cheeks. I saw him in a video chat shortly after he was born, just like I did his brother. I'll get to really see him in ten days when I finish isolating. 



Garry had a busier day than expected as his worksite dried up enough that he worked on prepping for the next concrete pour after lunch. Then he took a drive to town to buy some supplies and ended up going to both home superstores in Zaporosia before finding what he was looking for. The restaurant he planned eating at was closed too, so he ending up with sharma from a street vendor near the Nova Lenya store. His trip took a couple hours, which is why I couldn't get him on to talk. 

Just as they finished working on the building site, it started to pour, he tells me, so he hoped to work on the forms for the wall today (Thursday) but I haven't talked to him to find out how that went. He did say that there was almost another inch of rain Wednesday, so he wasn't sure they'd be able to work. He was going to work on Alona'a chicken pen, as the big chicks keep hiding under the house and it's hard to get them out from under and shut up inside safe for the night. 


He plans to keep the baby chicks in the house for a week or so before taking them to Dima and Julia's where the second chicken house will be. I think he said there were 21 this time. 

I'm enjoying another quiet day, too wet to sit on the deck today, but there's a cool damp breeze coming in the screen door. It was very dry, so the guys are hoping it keeps raining for days here in Manitoba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment