As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday (and Sunday)



Saturday morning (Friday night in Manitoba) I noticed that Woodridge was being evacuated for fire danger, so I was trying to get some information from the boys, since our farm is very close. Eventually, I found out they were OK, but were busy since many of the employees had been evacuated, they had to take care of milking the cows. I decided to phone them at 6pm, so Garry and I were going to go to the village store for a phone csrd. He decided to ride Max's moped/scooter and we were quite the sight with me hanging on the back and Polo racing along side. We were really surprised that such a small dog (he's beagle-sized) could run that fast that far! Mint (the brown one) was still tied up, they let him loose at night when the neighborhood poultry is put away for the night.

Saturday was interesting, Garry went into Dnepro to pick up the milk jugs at Victor's (he takes milk on Thursday to sell to his neighbors mostly and we need them back to fill for Sunday.) I went along and went to the free wi-fi to upload more blog photos while Garry went to Victor's and the metal market. We had a quick lunch at the mall there around one when he got back, and decided to head downtown to MOCT city center mall to go bowling again, even though my leg was still a little sore from Thursday's bowling expedition.

We got our 4 games plus 3 frames in during our hour, and I beat Garry one game with a 148 to his worst game, in fact either I bowled so much better (I had 4 spares in a row that game) or he so much worse that on the pin total I was only 30 behind for the four games- normally I have 350 and he's got 500. Then we hurried home since Garry was supposed to feed the cows with Maxim spreading manure.

We were relieved when Needles the cat tried to limp out the door when we got home, Garry found him curled in a ball in the shed Saturday morning. It looked like he had been hurt bad, with his side swollen up, he cried when you touched him. The cat was lying on the couch in a ball from the time he carried him in. I refused to let him out, this morning he was still limping, holding one front leg up, so I tried to keep him in. He must have gotten past Maxim while we were at church, but I found him outside this afternoon and made him come back in. I knew he was recovering when he jumped in the window ledge to eat the cat food last night.




This morning Maxim's older brother Ruslan came for a few days. He works in Kiev and is going to help him with his house fixing. Max has bought sand and gravel to make cement. Monday afternoon they are going to get some Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.

It looks like we don't have enough milk to sell, the cows keep giving less as most of them are nearing the end of their lactations. On the 15th the price will go up to four grivna a liter, Max was joking it would need to be five soon. This morning we took extra for Victor's church since they were having their Thanksgiving celebration today. The neighbor lady is using more of our milk (200 liters a week) to make the cheese and sour cream that Victor sells, since her cows are giving less now.

Victor had invited us to his church for the Thanksgiving service and dinner, but we had missed church at Morningstar last week because we attended Maxim's baptism, so we went to our own church. Next week will be our church's birthday celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment