As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, April 9, 2012

calves and signs of spring





Thursday we had a new heifer calf, the black and white one, it joined two red and white heifer calves in the hutches, apparently they finally got Maxim's bull calves out of the hutches while I was gone. I was bugging Garry about the newborn heifer calves going into a pen with older ones in the barn instead of the hutches he had built for them. Cute little girls aren't they?














The crocus are blooming, the winter wheat fields are greening up nicely, and the maple trees are in bud, it is really looking like spring. Today was overcast except the sun came out for a while this afternoon, but not enough to dry out my laundry I hung out.
















It was too wet to cultivate, so Garry and Andrei were working on the flower bed Garry wanted to put in on the side of the house, next to the babushka's yard. She looked over the fence to check it out while they were in for lunch, then worked in her front yard all afternoon. She spends hours cleaning up around her house.
















Her chickens were in our yard this afternoon, including the pretty rooster as Garry calls him, he was out here crowing while I was hanging out sheets. She calls them and chases them back in the coop in the evening. The puppy - I don`t think anyone has given her another name yet- got loose and was racing around the yard, chasing cats up the trees. Except Mooska, she hissed at her and refused to run away! Apparently I was wrong, it did dry out enough to cultivate, Garry just came in and said he had finished cultivating the smaller field.













Here`s some real horsepower, I took this one on Saturday when Victor was out, I am not sure what the guy was doing, he sat across the road with his horse for a while, and seemed to be signalling the guys down by the pond when he was standing up in the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment