As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter

Христос воскрес!! Christ is risen! It was Easter today in Ukraine, and here are some pictures from today...


my hot cross buns and the candy for Maxim and Andrei (Garry had a bigger dish with a chocolate cow, jelly beans and robin eggs I brought back from NJ)



















as we we driving out of the village to go to church on a cloudy morning... there was an Orthodox priest blessing stuff in front of the community center, our village does not have an Orthodox church, Garry saw a priest putting up a notice about it at the village store two weeks ago.















In Dneproprotroesk, here are a few of the people carrying baskets of food to be blessed at one of the many Orthodox churches in the city,(sorry that the wind-shield was dirty for the first one, but I loved her hurrying all the way across the boulevard as the light was almost ready to change!) the trees are greening up, we even saw some dandelions and here is one of the many Easter billboards.

































Unfortunately the camera battery died before I got to church or I would have taken a photo of the older Sunday school children doing a skit in Biblical costumes, all of them singing and some of the little ones saying Easter recitations after the sermon today. We also had special music for the offering, Anna was back from Kiev and sang for us (she used to lead the worship singing) and Edward sang powerfully in English (with translation into Russian on the screen). We received some gifts of paska bread from friends, before we headed home to the village in the rain.




When I came back from New Jersey, Garry showed me this gift he got while I was gone. One of the ladies in the village did the needlepoint and her husband built the frame, we finally hung in the living room last week. What an amazing gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment