As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hay days

A photo of Garry taking a photo of his hay

Lots of hay
Here are the photos I took of Garry"s hay being cut as I was leaving for the airport last week Monday. I talked with him on the phone the other night, and they got most of it baled without rain. He said that the hay mow is 5 deep in alfalfa bales. Or there are 2000 I think, it was almost midnight here in New Jersey Sunday night- he was calling early Monday morning, and had some hay still cut but it had rained on Saturday and Sunday, and maybe it going to rain more, I think. He was going to see if he could get the rest round baled.



Any way more hay than he got all last year, he said the cows were mostly eating bales that broke going up to the mow. He is still waiting for the price to go down on brewers grain, where he thinks it should be, with all the hay people have now, to feed instead of brewers grain.

Garry before and after his hair cut- as promised.

Checking his corn field Sunday after lunch

After his haircut- not too short like last summer!
My suitcase had a rough trip, I arrived on Tuesday and United Airlines had it delivered it to my parents house on Sunday, just after noon. I had not packed my dress for the 55th anniversary party in my carry-on  so I had to get something at Wal-mart. However, we had a great time at the party anyway. Our daughter, and the two oldest boys came down from Canada for it and the grandkids too.

If you are wondering everything was still inside the suitcase.


My parents at the party

Fun at Grandma's house- look up!

Uncle Josh and Havi in the tree
Josh mowed some hay for Grandpa
Everyone has gone home now, Matt and family should arrive today, since they drove to NJ. Jess was on a plane with a rap group going to Winnipeg for  a show yesterday. 

I will be helping out my parents and my brother on the farm until next week. Garry will have a less busy week. Spraying, cultivating corn and sunflowers, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment