As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, August 11, 2014

Long days

Garry's predawn tractor days are over as the silage making is finished. I believe he is going to spend all his time on the barn renovation. Last week I think he said he was going to check on the metal framework for the barn before it was galvanized to bring out to the village and assemble, so he should be able to get to work on the milk parlor soon.  Jack, who came with the building teams will be out for a few days this week as he is in Ukraine, and Garry plans to put him to work on some of the finishing details for the classroom and bathrooms The tractor drivers will be getting some land worked up to plant the winter wheat crop in the fields that the corn silage was cut from, and they may be planting some winter barley where they had some of this years wheat.

I had a lovely weekend visiting my sister in Pennsylvania , we went to Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine Museum to see Andrew and NC Wyeth paintings, and other local artists, and there was this very realistic cow sculpture outside by the river.

This coming weekend I have the family reunion for my mother's family to go to, and the following week I will, "God willing and the creek don't rise" (as they say here in South Jersey) be on a plane back to Garry.




No comments:

Post a Comment