As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, April 11, 2019

Monday to Wednesday

Sunday night I was up late writing blogposts. Like three am late. However I couldn't sleep in  because we were having cake at nine am to celebrate Nikolai's birthday (which was Sunday,  he and Alona had some of the students in to celebrate that afternoon). The chocolate cake with broiled topping was still a little warm, but the students enjoyed it with Pepsi between English class and Victor's bee class. I asked Garry to take photos because I forgot my phone,  but he did video.

It was such a nice day Victor had decided to come out and work with the students with the bee hives. Sadly we only have three hives now, we lost the fourth one a couple weeks ago when the queen died.

Garry, the Crawfords, and Max spent most of Monday turning a cow into meat. Vova asked for the organs (liver, heart, lungs) to take home.

Some of the girls helped in the afternoon, although Victor was more help than they were, I believe.  I just looked for more pots and things to pile the chunks of meat in.

 It was chilling until Tuesday morning when Garry and Max took time out from heifer barn building to grind it into hamburger at the school. They have a professional grade grinder there. Garry took a video again.

Scott and Shannon helped me bag up and freeze the ground beef after lunch.

Bear and the puppy,  Happy, are still enjoying the leftover bones. Both are fat and happy, although Happy should have stayed outside Monday night because I had to clean the rug Tuesday morning.  I won't show you the photo.


Garry and Max did get his original objective for the day accomplished,  late in the afternoon they knocked together the wall for the heifer barn. Sorry, no photos or videos of their progress yet.

While he was over at the new barn building,  I had a man come into the house looking for Garry.  I phoned him and he answered (not guaranteed to happen) so I sent the guy to find him. Later I rode along with Garry when he went to breed the old man's cow.




 We went to a little village just up the highway, crossing the highway and driving down a road, through the first village and further  -avoiding most of the holes- and then cut through a field road to get there.

Tuesday morning while all the students were at Larissa's class, Garry and Max tried to put the wall up by themselves and it fell on them. Luckily they only had scrapes,  Garry says Max crawled out first and helped him out from under the wall. 

Wednesday they had help, so Max was working on getting the water irrigation hookup completed because the water is going to be turned on any day Thursday I'm told. Garry had Nikolai and Kolya plus less useful helpers to build trusses.  He says after messing up the first one, they got ten done.



The weather has really blossomed into spring, more flowers are blooming, the apricots are starting to bloom as of Wednesday and some trees were looking green as we drove down the highway for our monthly trip to Kamskoaya. Garry was more excited about the thunderstorms around, and we did get some rain, so planting will not start today.


No comments:

Post a Comment