As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, April 8, 2011

and a lot wetter...


Garry was a restless sleeper last night, because he could hear the rain falling against the windows, and as he thought there was rain and puddles in the morning. Looks like it will be too wet to plant for a few days. Of course the wind is blowing and the sun has come out for most of the afternoon, so you never know.... farmers are the enternal optimists you know--- they put a bunch of money into seed and fertilizer and think that it will have enough sun and rain to be the best crop ever...every year, no matter if there were floods or droughts last year.

Garry was excited about one thing this morning- the cows hit the 700 liter a day mark this morning (exactly- with 31 cows milking- that's over 22 liters for the herd average- and there is a dry cow bagging up (that's when the udder starts getting ready to make milk for the calf as its getting close to birth)-so even more milk soon. I think Garry has been feeding grain instead of Max for the last week--maybe he's been more generous with the compicorn (grain).










I say mostly sunny this afternoon, because Garry talked me into walking to the post office with him to mail some Easter letters with plastic wrappers inside to melt around eggs for the lucky kids whose mail makes it to them (only some of my Christmas cards I mailed from Ukraine made it to the States/Canada.) But ever optimistic I am trying again- I have hung out with the biggest glass half-full guy for more than 30 years! I am glad I wore my raincoat though because there were a few large raindrops and some snow/slush pellets that fell out of a black cloud overhead on our walk. Here are our stamped letters- the post office lady never has many large amount stamps- it is 5 grivna to mail a letter to Canada (a real bargain if it makes it- like 60 cents)so they end up covered with 25-50 kopeck stamps. There are Easter cards for sale on the glass divider in one picture.


So excellent weather for geese, Garry and Max did some work on the cultivator (they are fixing it up for using it- Max went to the sheeno(tire) montage(fixing) pick up a new tube for the tire- it went flat and Garry decided that with twenty patches (patches on patches)-it must be beyond saving.

So I am getting the blog post done while listening to The Reason- Diamond Rio's Christian album that won a grammy this year, some great songs and all good ones. Garry got it for me when we were home at Christmas, I have been Rio fan for years- we have been to two of their concerts and were excited to see a Christian CD from them (yes I am a country music person- Garry says country sounds like what used to be pop in the 70's when we were in high school.) The first two songs are Garry's favorites (the lyrics sound like a call to missionwork), but the more times I listen to it the more I love the jazzy/blues sound and lyrics to My God Does. When everything is crazy and I don't have the answers... my God does.

So now off to make pizza, and check on mathwork... got the pizza in the oven and the math ready to grade as soon as I locate the test answer book for Algebra 1...had to wait to load the photos- the internet went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment