As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool




This morning after a good night's sleep Garry was ready for April fools - so was Maxim- telling Garry that the cows only made 400 lters of milk yesterday. Garry called Victor and told him the cows were stolen last night. The he came in and tried to convince me it was team meeting and I needed to bring pies - in half a hour. I decided to get him back. We had soup for lunch and I told him I had made cake for dessert. I got Garry to cut it, and he licked his finger off and realized the "icing" was mashed potato- the bundt cake had a filling of chicken and tomato sauce. I didn't take a picture, because I was trying to keep them from realizing something was up.





Garry and his brother had cleaned up the front yard this morning, Garry trimmed the grape vines, and after an afternoon nap (all the driving yesterday had got to him) he rotatillered the garden and they planted onion sets. Mint was trying to help- you can tell he's recovering nicely form wahtever was wrong with him. Maxim finished the new door for the milk house while we where gone. The one they bought last fall took a beating over the winter, so Max welded one and painted it blue.





More signs of spring- the crows- Varona in Russian -were nesting as we drove down to Crimea we noticed there were a large number of stick nests built in trees- easy to see with no leaves on the trees yet. Crows seem to be very social birds as you can see in this picture. Garry says he saw the herd of cows from the neighbouring village out on the fields today (I am assuming that was not an April Fool's joke, but you never know....)

No comments:

Post a Comment