As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

camp (VBS) pics












Garry was pleased with the camp - here are some of the photos he took on Tuesday when there were 32 kids attending) there were 22 children on the first day and 48 the fifth day! He says that he needs more teachers next year- perhaps one for the older (12-13 YEAR OLD) boys... or maybe a different program for them than the younger kids. The children and teachers had breakfast and lunch everyday at the camp, just like they do at school in the village.














I didn't bring the camera down on Friday night (after the final day of teaching English I picked up a bunch of ice cream cones for the closing program at Metro on the drive home) but I didn't have time for taking photos anyway--- as soon as the kids found out I was doing facepainting I was surrounded--- all the older boys wanted Ukrainian flags (along with some Russian and Canadian ones) on their cheeks. The girls asked for butterfly ones and flags, I did some stars, hearts, spiders, dragons and flowers also.

I had a break when the program started, there were speeches, singing ... then I went back to the house and picked up the ice cream- I had crammed it in the freezer- after Garry handed an ice cream cone to all the kids, the parents and some grandmothers who came, the kids were back asking me for more painting. I learned the words for spider and star. (Spider was easy to figure out when the first kids waked his fingers down his arm.) Many kids had most of their arms covered with designs by the time the fireworks went off (something was a little off and there were like 6 giant fast ones instead of the 49 the box promised.)

No comments:

Post a Comment