As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's up?

Besides me at 3 am that is! I have discovered that the internet here at the farm is really slow when other people are up on the network. When I first arrived in Manitoba I was often up at 4 am doing blogposts, and here I am, awake at 3 am again. Lots to do, getting things set for the boys to start school here two weeks after I leave on Thursday.

I talked to Garry at 3:30 am when I woke up- he was waiting for the "big" milk truck to arrive since it was supposed to be there before noon (it was 11:30 am in Ukraine)He said it came on Monday but wanted to pick up 2000 liters and there was only a 1000 then-(I think -the phone connection is often poor- in fact I lost the line while we were speaking as normally happens- never get to say goodbye.)

He said that there was a fresh heifer but she had a bull calf. No new heifer calf to fill the calf hutch he built yesterday (I promise photos are coming when I get back - watch for them next weekend!) He said it has three pens - he couldn't do four like the ones he built back in Ontario because he couldn't find 2 by 4's long enough, Two stalls are filled already with the large heifer calf born last week, and the preemie from June.

In the last week Garry sold two different milk cows to the butcher- both had health problems. The kicking cow is still safe and happy- in fact she's better behaved with the machine milking- no more kicking over the pail of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment