As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Here and there

The hay mow- about 2 weeks ago



I first called Garry at 2 am when I let Jessica's dog out and tried calling him late morning there- he was at Maxim's house in the village (they are fixing it up- it needs a lot of work) and saw a group of people with cameras around their necks and called out hello to them and asked me to call back later.

I went back to bed, and got up at 5 am. Talked to Garry again - early afternoon there; he told me that the people turned out to be a group of Mennonites on a mission project in a different former Mennonite village. They had come to Nikolipolia looking for the Canadian farmer someone had heard about, and they found him. He said that he took them for a walk around by the pond, and I assume toured the barn.

Garry had to hurry the call again- he needed to go help the ladies milk. The vacuum pump is fixed; so they are back to machine milking. He said that this morning was the third whole herd machine milking and took only one hour and 15 minutes (including washing up the equipment after milking). It had been taking more than four hours to milk them by hand.


Me and my four youngest sons





Meanwhile here in Manitoba I am still waiting for my suitcase- yesterday they said they may have it and might get it on a plane to Winnipeg soon. Good thing I have a few clothes here to wear (not as many as I wish.)

On Saturday I wore my outfit from the plane to Carrick Days (a nearby village) where our older sons, Matt and Josh, won the horse tournament. My daughter took this photo of me with the four younger boys- that's Jonah, and Noah on my left and Luke and Seth on the right.

What she said was "Mom you look so short next to the boys! Let me get a picture."


Got to go - clean up a little more since I am babysitting again today and little Keziah does not like videos like her big sisters. She kept Grandma from Ukraine hopping yesterday because she moves fast and gets into everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment