As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm back!


I have been back in Ukraine since Friday afternoon... but on Saturday evening when we arrived here in the village the internet wasn't working (for some reason it runs out on the 27th of the month normally- and it didn't get paid until today- Tuesday.)The pets were happy to see me- both Needles and Box were sitting on my lap- they were really excited on Saturday night when I went into the boys room and got out the extra bag of catfood (I am not sure when Garry ran out but everyone seems to have survived.) Polo jumps all over everytime I step out the door, I don't know how he could look more excited (if Jonah had come I would have found out I'm sure.)

My trip back A quick recap- the boys did not decide to come with me at the last moment (not that I really expected them to- they are excited about going back to real school in Canada- but I hadn't cancelled the tickets since we weren't getting our money back anyway!) Matt, Kari and the girls took me to the airport in Winnipeg around noon on Thursday after a few stops in Steinbach - we dropped their dog Bingo off at the vets to get fixed (he was one of Wiggles' puppies born when we were home in December- I picked up the three females that are still on the farm last week after their operations- the boys decided on no more puppies) then I went to the bank to get Garry's new cards validated (luckily they could do it after talking to him by phone in Ukraine- good thing he answered!) and picking up the parts Garry wanted for the chopper (yes more!)

They dropped me off and I was surprised when I was standing in line to pay for the extra bag to hear Xaris say "hi Grandma" so we had lunch upstairs at the airport before I went through security. The girls also enjoyed riding the escalator and the play structure at the other end of the second floor, before leaving. I hear that the older two enjoyed a movie with Daddy while Mommy went shopping with Keziah afterwards.




I was only 20 minutes late landing in Montreal and found the gate with no problems (even went online to check facebook) but we flew out an hour late for London (I sat next to very nice older ladies flying alone on both flights) in London we landed thorugh the mist and it was raining pretty good as I took a bus to terminal 5 (from 3) picked up my British Air ticket, showed my luggage tickets and receipt to the agent, went through security again (shoes off in London.) Then I stood in front of the screen waiting for it to tell me which gate to go to, chatting with an English speaking young Ukrainian man also waiting for the Kiev gate to show up - it said it would start loading at 9:05 when I got there at 8:57 - but it was 9:12 when it finally came up- luckily it a close gate! But after a stop at the bathroom that meant that I joined the line to get on the plane shortly after I got to the gate.




However we took off a hour late (or more) landing in Kiev an hour later than planned at 4:05 (there is a 2 hour time change along with a 3 hour 15 minute flight.) After we were on the plane they had to unload the luggage from the last flight and load ours before takeoff. Remember the rain- my red suitcase was rather wet when it got to Kiev! Luckily the blue one was dry since it was full of school books for the Bellamys! Garry was waiting when I got through immigration, (and was surprized by my red hair- he has been telling me that red hair would look good and I'd blend in better here) and we headed off to find the Porter's apartment where we were spending the night.







Next posts ( in the middle of the night when I can't sleep- will feature our sightseeing in Kiev, trip home and a crop report and yesterday's trip to where the chopper is now. ) I should go pick the peppers to freeze - the garden is looking a little dry but the peppers are very colorful.

Picked some peppers- made stuffed peppers for dinner and look the photos finally loaded! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment