As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Cheese and Reno Update - now has a photo

I am dependent on Garry posting photos on facebook while I am in Canada, so no pics for you today, unless you want to see the snowfall from Sunday/Monday's storm here in Manitoba!

I did manage to video chat with him as the girls were getting ready to head to class, they seemed to be having leftover pizza and cornflakes for breakfast. Garry said he made cheese in class yesterday and then made pizza that evening for dinner. He told me that the blender he purchased last weekend did not work when he tried to use it to make his cream cheese. He has not been successful yet with the cream cheese recipes he's found on the internet. The first batch was too sour tasting and grainy.

The funny thing is when you buy an appliance in Ukraine, they always plug it in to show you that it works. Garry was in a hurry and told them not to bother when he bought it. So I guess he's shopping before he tries again.

He also told be that they have finished the ceiling in the house, and have started taking down more interior walls because they don't seem very stable, but are saving the doors and frames to reuse, like before. The new windows are ordered and should be in before the main building team arrives on the 24th.
We now have a photo taken by one of the village teens with his phone!
 They are also working on stripping the paint off the beams on the ceiling.
Image may contain: snow and outdoor
Meanwhile, I have turned to other projects since the girls' other grandparents have taken over watching them, and are still hoping that baby (who's now overdue) arrives before I fly out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment