As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, March 17, 2018

Muddy Ukraine

It was a long trip back... but I got here before our first team member arrived. Unfortunately I was already at the airport when our grandson was born early in the morning hours of March 13th. I will be back in Manitoba in six weeks to hold little Carson.

Image may contain: tree and outdoorI actually slept on the plane to Frankfurt, but it was a long layover in Toronto, in 13 hours I read more than one book, and started a crochet project, which I continued working on during my 5 hours waiting in Germany. Of course, that final plane took off 45 minutes late so I was hurrying after landing in Kiev to catch the bus to the train station. Luckily I got there in time to catch the 11 pm train I had a ticket for. After a long night of swaying back and forth on my bunk, Garry met me in Dnepro before 7 am Thursday morning.


I got outside for some photos after a nap, so you can see the progress on the house while I was gone. It is really muddy outside, with rain, melting snow... and the forecast is calling for more snow Sunday and cold- below freezing temps next week.





Image may contain: indoor
I got some mud on my sock
Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

There was a number of things going on, they are rebuilding the back brick wall where the barn room was since it was in such bad shape. They were also installing a fold down attic ladder. Two of the new guys are actually good at brick laying. That's Sergey filling in where the back door was before. A couple of the guys were hauling water and making cement for the wall building.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor
Image may contain: outdoor and indoor


You can see the new wood ceilings and the old wood floors at the front of the house in the bottom photo. This coming week they will be installing the windows and pouring cement floors for the rest of the house where the wood was in bad shape.

Image may contain: indoor

Eugene arrived as scheduled Friday afternoon and so far we have kept him busy, he sat in on Garry's Friday and Saturday English classes, went to our final Bible study of the year Friday night, and tonight he's off with the students and Garry for a youth program in Dnepro.
They were home just long enough for him to get a shower. I am enjoying a quiet house and catching up the blog after burning a pile of garbage... and I don't think Garry explained how we sort the trash well enough to the girls because something was popping out there. Glass and metal go in a different trash can.

Unfortunately the wedding of Julia and Dima has been postponed for two weeks, after Eugene changed his schedule to get here for the wedding. We plan to drive into Dnepro for church tomorrow, unless there really is 18 inches of snow falling!


No comments:

Post a Comment