As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, April 30, 2020

Trending at home

Hey, I don't often check the stats on our blog, but today after making some corrections to numbers in recent posts for Garry (including one in the corrections and additions post, ironically)  I PEEKED TO SEE if people are reading the blog more because of the extra time at home because of the virus. I'd say yes, our normal audience of Canadians followed by Americans are reading. In fact we were close to 3000 page views over the last month.

For some reason, we have a huge number of page views from Italy over the last week where they are number one, beating out Canada. I hadn't realized we were read so much in Italy. For the month of April, Canada, Italy, USA and then close together in numbers-Ukraine, Unknown and Hong Kong-  are at the top of the list.

For you computer geeks I can tell you that readers are 51% Windows users, and more likely to be using Firefox or Safari as browsers (over half in the last month are using those). Chrome is only at 20%, but it's good enough for me. Our readers seem way more likely to use a computer than a phone to read, too.

All time page views, starting May 2010, when I started counting them, by country-
United States
83864
Canada
83605
Italy
18697
Ukraine
18210
Russia
16123
France
5749
Germany
3336
Poland
1577
Unknown Region
1361
United Kingdom
1295




















Over the last couple years, Canada has been ahead of USA almost every month, so I was surprized to see them in second.

The most read post this week and month is titled Almost. The all time leader is still from 2011, The rye is in a pile (don't ask me why it's number one) or number two (New post? from 2015) either, I prefer #3, which Seth and Jonah helped me make up as part of a homeschooling assignment- Top Ten Cool Things about Ukraine-  also from 2011, it has over a thousand views, half as many as #1, maybe it's the titles that does it. It was after I made the blog searchable (I didn't know it wasn't until a gentlemen from Manitoba asked me- google is still #1 for traffic). The rest of the top ten are from the fall of 2016, when we had important Canadian visitors and the cows moved to the "new barn".

I guess you aren't clicking on the suggested old post to read about the Mice in the Fridge, maybe I'll have to change it. It really did give a good picture of life here when we arrived on the mission field.

By the way this is blog post number 1345 that I've published, or we've published, I write and Garry reads sometimes and tells me what numbers I got wrong so I can go back and fix them. If you're really bored stuck there staying safe at home you can go back and read all of them.

I thought about making a list of my ten favorite stories on the blog, but I have a gate to paint today. However, I'd go to August 2012 if you want a good story from a trip we took to Crimea, it's called Camping on the Cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment