As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, March 15, 2020

And more

Garry has a cough, no, it's not something he caught from me, he was coughing before I came back from New Jersey! He decided to cancel his English classes this weekend. While the schools have closed here for three weeks, private English schools are mostly still holding classes. A few have gone online.

Tonight he even stayed home while I drove the students into the mall for their weekly shopping trip. I think most of them just came for the ride, I had three students walk around the grocery store with me, with the guys pushing my cart and one asking me what everything I bought was in English if he didn't know.  Most of them bought something at Mc Donalds, though.

I have heard that there are shortages of toilet paper in North America. There was plenty on the shelves here, although sugar, large bags of flour, gretsckha (buckwheat) and bagged salt supplies were running low. Only two large bags of flour, both ripped, were on the shelf, so I bought two smaller ones, since it was on my list. Unfortunately, Garry will have to continue to blow his nose on toilet paper, because I forgot to look for tissues. However, we shouldn't run out of food. Or toilet paper.





So our attempted self quarantine didn't work today, since we had students running in and out of the house all day. Scott even stopped in and asked about starting the tractor, Garry got a photo of him discing his garden.



I was a little busy at the time, Leila had helped paint the fence and even had paint in her hair when she came in the house. Right after Scott came in the girls realized my black winter coat hanging by the door had several large white paint spots on. They weren't quite dry, but I spent twenty minutes washing and rinsing it and hanging it out on the line (where I realized there was paint to wash out on the inside, too). Hopefully its all gone, or at least not too noticeable!

Garry did spend almost all day on the Mennonite couch, while I took a morning nap and fixed our duvet. I had tried safety pinning two old quilts in it last month, but I tacked them together instead this afternoon, because one was bunched up by our heads, and last night we both got stabbed with pins that had come open.

I think Sunday is going to be  a slow restful day for us also. Friday Ukraine announced it was closing the airports down at midnight between Monday and Tuesday. Our friend Marina phoned this morning about picking up the beds Garry bought from them. They are immigrating to Calgary. They were flying out on Wednesday, the same day the team was arriving here, but now Victor is driving her, her husband and sons to Kyiv on Sunday to catch a plane before its too late.

Hopefully the airports are open by the middle of April, since we hope to be home in Manitoba to attend Max Boradin's graduation from Providence University College on the 18th. Oh yeah, we got a message about needing to re-book our Egypt trip, too. The airports will probably not reopen by the 29th, so the tour company wants us to pick a new week.



No comments:

Post a Comment