As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, March 1, 2020

Church

This morning I left my sister in charge and slipped out to go to the 8:30 am service in Allentown  (NJ) at the Presbyterian church.  This is the church Garry and I were married in and attended as a young family until we bought a farm in the Catskills Mountains of New York state.

The church is celebrating its 300th anniversary this year.  The current church building was built in 1837. I have ancestors buried in the cemetery (where we took our wedding photos with the lake and trees in the background! )

Today the pastor was preaching about the story of Samson,  and he mentioned baptism,  and dedicating children to the Lord. I thought back to about forty years ago,  when Matthew,  our preacher son was baptized as an infant there.

 Reverend Schulte, who was the long serving pastor there, baptized Matt, because Garry's parents had just moved to Canada from New Jersey. Shortly after we were married, Reverend Schulte told us he was sure we were going to be missionaries. We just smiled,  because we had no idea that he would be right about that in thirty years.

Garry attended church in the village today with the girls. He said Max Rudei sat next to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment