As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday

This morning Garry told me I might need to go pick up more nails, as they might need more for the roof. It was overcast, and he wanted to finish before it rained. The girls helped me get the soup started (potato today) and I went off in the little car to Dnepro. He gave me part of the wrap off the tar paper as he said they needed one more roll.

It was a good thing, because after I found the bags of nails he wanted I discovered the tar paper and many other sections of the store had plastic tapes blocking them off, you had to ask an employee to get when you wanted! I'm really glad I didn't have to get the nails that way!

When I pushed my cart to the front, the cashier not only had the face masks worn by the other employees, she had on leather gloves and a plastic splash guard shield helmet! Her and the guard went back and forth on the number on the roll of tar paper (we had the same problem yesterday in Zap) but after a couple phone calls, he got a number that worked in the register. Unlike Zap, no one was taking temperatures, just counting people coming in.

I had told Garry I would stop at Metro cash and carry store for some groceries, they had everything I wanted, like stuff for soup, and cheap baloney for sandwiches for lunch for the building crew. The only thing they didn't have was bags of sugar, they only had cubes, so that's what they are getting for their coffee and tea now. I'll save what's left in the cupboard for cooking. I realized it was almost eleven as I drove out of the city and I had to get the girls to buy bread, slice it and make sandwiches before twelve.

I stopped at the work site to drop off the tar paper and nails, and sent Valentina off for the bread. I started emptying the car of groceries, creamed the soup, sliced baloney, started the coffee and when Valya returned we sliced bread, mayo-ed and meat-ed it, before bringing everything down to the worksite for lunch.






After lunch Garry told me they had just run out of nails and he sent one of the guys to look for some when I dropped them off. The sun had come out and it was a very nice day to work outside.  They finished the roof and worked on the prepping for the siding.




Since Victor was out in the village today, we had staff meeting at three o'clock, with a timely devotion from Scott relating to the quarantine. Afterwards, Yana and Vova toured the house (above photo).



-Well Leila has stopped singing, and Valentina is home from evening milking, so I'll try to get to sleep again. I have some chest congestion (pretty sure it's allergies acting up, the apricot trees are starting to bloom.)

Garry said he was too sore to go to sleep, but he was sleeping when I got out of bed to see what was going on. He's glad he won't be up on the roof nailing down shingles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment